Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fred takes the lead in Alabama

In a Capital Survey Research Center poll:

Thompson, 64, an actor who was born in Sheffield and served in the Senate in 1994-2003, wasn't included in the list of possible Republican presidential candidates in a poll the center conducted May 4-6 and May 17-20.

He still hasn't officially declared himself a candidate. But in the July poll, 34 percent of those likely to vote in the Feb. 5 Republican primary said they would cast ballots for Thompson if the election were today.

That compares with 20 percent support for former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, down from 29 percent in May; 11 percent for Sen. John McCain of Arizona, down from 23 percent; 7 percent for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, down from 15 percent; and 5 percent for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who got 7 percent in May.

Mike Hubbard, chairman of the Alabama Republican Party, said Thompson is "a true conservative."



I know a lot of people are saying Fred is not a true conservative. If he is not the most conservative candidate in the race, then who is?

Are you going to agree with everything he does? Probably not. I do not agree 100% with anybody. Fred is far and away the best candidate in this race.

I have to admit though, I think he needs to get in. I'm not saying my support is wavering. I will be there when he announces.

1 comment:

TexasFred said...

I can 100% agree with that...