Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Know I Sound Like A Broken Record, But Damn

Guess what? More threats of sanctions for Iran:

"We hope the Iranians will provide a positive answer," to world powers offering incentives for Iran to halt to sensitive nuclear fuel work, national security spokesman Gordon Johndroe said.

But "if they do not, the international community is united that more sanctions are coming," he said.

Think it will work? Me neither:

"The Iranian people are steadfast and will not step back an inch against the oppressive powers," Ahmadinejad told a rally in the southwestern province of Kohgelouyeh-Boyerahmad.

I am tired of hearing about sanctions. Every time we bring them up we give Ahmadinejad the chance to thumb his nose at us and call us an "oppressive regime". It makes us look weak, which only encourages him more.

Could the White House be using this as cover, and secretly be assisting Israel with plans to actually deal with Iran? I sure hope so. But I am inclined to believe they are still hoping it will work.

Note to republicans: Go back to the days when you were prepared to do what it takes to get the job done. Leave the hoping to the democrats. It is a pretty simple concept really. I can hope the yard mows itself all day long. It will not be mowed unless I get off my ass and do something about it.

No comments: