Thursday, February 28, 2008

It Depends On What The Meaning Of "Change" Is

How many times have you heard it? Change. While it is true the majority of Americans do want change, most do not agree on the direction of change we need. I want things to change. The only thing is, I am sure the change I want is 180 deg. from the change Obama and Hillary want. And it is probably 145 deg. from the direction McCain wants to go.

So here is my idea of change:

1) I want to be able to watch a candidate give a speech and not keep repeating over and over "stop trying to pander to as many different groups as you can". I want to see them look right at the people and tell them what they truly believe.

2) I want a candidate that wants to honest to goodness cut my taxes and let me keep as much of my money as possible. And by this I mean permanently! I don't want a temporary cut of my taxes. I want them eliminated to the largest extent possible.

3) I want a candidate that will stop spending my money like crazy. This country cannot keep spending like it does and not see serious problems come from it. A million here, a billion there, for every little thing that comes along. It needs to stop. Spend our money wisely.

4) I want a candidate that will leave me alone so I can handle my own affairs. Let me take care of me. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that the government has a responsibility to provide for me. The government is here to ensure I have the opportunity to succeed, not to ensure that I do. Leave that part to me. If you are not willing to do what it takes to ensure you succeed then move to Europe.

5) I want a candidate that will put decisions about my health in the hands of my doctor and myself. Does the system need some change? Yes it does. But should we give the government control of making our health decisions for us? NO! Name one program the government runs fairly, efficiently, or effectively. Hurry I am waiting.

6) I want a candidate that is willing to accept all of the bill of rights. Freedom of press, speech, religion as well as the most important one- the second. Without it the others will soon disappear.

7) I want a candidate that is concerned with the sovereignty of the United States. Being nice and having good relations with other countries is important. But at the end of the day we need to worry about us.

8) I want a candidate that will close our borders, and control the amount and the kinds of people that enter this country. We also need to ensure companies are following the laws about who is legal to work in this country. We cannot keep supplying for our people and Mexico's.

9) I want a candidate that will cut our dependence on foreign oil. We need to take advantage of our own resources. Drill it. In case you did not know the whole ethanol thing is destroying our economy. Food prices are sky rocketing and the production of this product is just as bad for the environment as oil. I agree that something needs to be done, but let the private sector take care of it. ( see no.4)

I don't think I am going to be excited about the "change" that we are going to see, do you?

These are just a few ideas I have for "change". Feel free to add your own in the comments.

No comments: