Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What Is Next?

I still support Fred.

That being said, his chances for victory seem slim right now. I have got a lot of thinking to do.

It looks like there are four candidates that realistically have a chance of winning.

I have huge problems with all of these choices. I believe in conservative principals. By that I mean all three legs. The big issues that concern me are the War, Immigration, Tax and Spending, and Guns in no specific order. These issues make it hard on me to pick anyone but Fred.

Giuliani will never get my vote. The mess he made with the gun issue in New York is inexcusable. His views on gay marriage and abortion does not help him much either. He did a decent job with crime, but has put his gun legislation front and center in the debate as to how he accomplished this. I feel it was all the extra police officers. The guns did not play a role in this accomplishment.

McCain does not have a snowballs chance in Hell of getting my vote. Why you ask? Let's see; immigration, global warming, campaign finance, etc... He is too quick to line up with Democrats (and not moderate Democrats, the crazy ones). You have to respect what he did for this country in the military, and he is pretty Conservative on spending. But I cannot excuse the way he has conducted himself while in the Senate.

Huckabee will not get my vote. He is a liberal. The only issues that keep him from being a left leaning Democrat is abortion and guns. He does not have a grasp of foreign relations (he wants to close Gitmo). He is a big government man and that cannot be looked over.

Romney, as of right now will not get my vote either. He seems to be saying the right things now, but a lot of his views have changed since he was running for Governor of one of the most liberal states in the Union. I have heard a lot of people saying he had to say those things in order to get elected up there. The problem I have is how do I know he is serious about his positions now. Maybe he is just changing his positions to get elected now.

As you can see, I have some tough decisions to make.

As of right now I am going to vote for Fred, whether he is in the race or not.

1 comment:

bubby1962 said...

Screw it, I'm voting for Fred. If the GOP wants to move to the left to win an election they can count me out. When McCain/Huck/Giuliani/Romney gets the nod, I'll just vote for Clinton/Obama in the general and do my part to help them in they're quest, no need to beat around the bush(no pun intended)about it any longer! I have held my nose and voted for the last rino or the last lesser of two evils that I'm going to.