Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Obama's America

So, Obama said that he had visited 57 states. So what? It is obvious that he meant to say 47. I let common sense prevail in cases such as these. It is a long campaign and a lot of talking is done by the candidates. My common sense tells me that Obama knows how many states there are in the US.

However, that same common sense forces me to disagree with almost everything he says intentionally.

I do not believe his statements regarding Rev. Wright. I cannot believe that a man could be active in a church for 20 years, and not know how his pastor felt. Especially one as outspoken as the good Rev. Wright.

My common sense lets me look at a government controlled health care plan and ask; How in the hell is letting the government (one that screws up everything they touch) control health care a good idea? It is not. It would soon become a boondoggle the likes of which we have never seen.

Common sense is the reason why I do not want Sen. Obama (or anyone else) raising my taxes. It is also responsible for my desire to end all earmarks. Not for a year, FOREVER! If it is worth spending the taxpayers money it is worth a vote.

I could go on and on, but you get the message.

There are plenty of things to discuss about Barack Obama. Why waste time on a misspoken phrase?

No comments: