Friday, May 23, 2008

John Hawkins On Why He Has Decided To Pull His Support For McCain

This is just one of the many reasons I cannot support, or vote for, John McCain:

Put very simply: John McCain is a liar. He's a man without honor, without integrity, who could not have captured the Republican nomination had he run on making comprehensive immigration a top priority of his administration. Quite frankly, this is little different from George Bush, Sr. breaking his "Read my lips, no new taxes pledge," except that Bush's father was at least smart enough to wait until he got elected before letting all of his supporters know that he was lying to them.

Under these circumstances, I simply cannot continue to support a man like John McCain for the presidency. Since that is the case, I have already written the campaign and asked them to take me off of their mailing list and to no longer send me invitations to their teleconferences. I see no point in asking questions to a man who has no compunction about lying through his teeth on one of the most crucial election issues and then changing his position the first time he believes he can get away with it.

Welcome to the club John. With all that McCain has said and done I just can't see how any conservative could vote for the man. Sure he is better than the Democrats on some things, but he is too willing to roll over on important issues in the name of bi-partisanship. Some things can be handled in a bi-partisan way. Many more can not. The difference between the beliefs of the two parties will not allow it.

The Republican party needs a leader that will stand up for it's basic principals. And spoken like the true hillbilly, gun loving, god fearing rube that Obama says I am: McCain ain't the man to lead in this manner.

No comments: