Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My Take On The Republican Debate

The time has finally come for a debate which includes all Republican candidates.

How will Fred react? Which candidates will go at it? Who will win the debate?

These questions and many more will be answered tonight. It has been a long time coming.

Rudy Giuliani:

I like Rudy. He is an energetic person. I believe he would do alright with the war but that is where it ends. His position on social issues is a major rub for me. He says he will appoint conservative judges, but I have my doubts about that fact. And that is almost as important to me as the war is. With many of the Supreme Court judges quickly approaching retirement. It is likely the next president will appoint several judges. The war is important, but we cannot allow this country to continue on the path we are on, as it relates to social issues. I don't trust him with my guns either. And that is number one with me.

Mitt Romney:

I don't know what it is really, but I do not care for Mitt at all. He reminds me of a used car salesman. I think he would do a pretty good job all in all. I do not believe he has truly changed his position on all the issues he has flip- flopped on. That is his major drawback for me.

John McCain:

I like John as a man. You have to respect the sacrifices he has made for this country. He has been a decent Senator. But he has been involved with several bills that have appalled me. His recent dealings with the immigration issue, as well as McCain - Fiengold has taken away any chance he will get the nomination.

Duncan Hunter:

This is the candidate that ideally win the presidency, but he has failed to gain ground on the top tier candidates. I agree with his positions on nearly all issues. He has done a superb job in his time in Congress.
Too bad he can not compete with the top four.

Mike Huckabee:

He is a good man with no chance of winning the nomination.

Fred Thompson:

If you have read this blog much at all, you know this is who I am backing. So this might be a little biased. I think Fred will do alright tonight. He probably will not live up to the bar they have set for him tonight. On his own admission he is "a little rusty". It seems to me that he is being expected to do three times as much as the other candidates are doing. I guess this is because he got in so late. In all reality he got in about the time these things usually start up. All the others got in too early. He will do fine. I believe he can and will take the nomination. A lot of people got upset with him because he "waited" to get in. I hope they do not allow those feelings to keep them from objectively looking at his positions on the issues.

The rest have no chance at all of winning. They are good men, but will fall by the wayside soon.

Ron Paul is an asshat.

No comments: