Monday, September 17, 2007

Clinton's $110,000,000,000 Health Care Plan

Here we go:

DES MOINES, Iowa (CNN) -- Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Hillary Clinton announced a $110 billion health care reform plan Monday that would require all Americans to have health insurance.

Clinton unveiled her "American Health Choices Plan," during a high-profile speech at a hospital in the key campaign state of Iowa, surrounded by supporters, American flags and campaign banners.

"Here in America people are dying because they couldn't get the care they needed when they were sick.

"I'm here today because I believe it is long past time that this nation had an answer," Clinton said. "I believe America is ready for change.

"It's time to provide quality affordable health care for every American," Clinton said. "And I intend to be the president who accomplishes that goal finally for our country."

A Clinton adviser compares the plan's "individual mandate" -- which requires everyone to have health insurance -- to current rules in most states that require all drivers to purchase auto insurance, according to The Associated Press.

Did you catch that part about people dying because they do not have insurance.

Let me ask a question. Given the state of Social Security, Medicare, Education, etc... do you trust the federal government to run your health care system?

Everything they are in control of is screwed up. Being 37 years old, I doubt if I'll ever see Social Security, and I don't even want to think about what Medicare would look like by the time I get there. As far as education goes, All I can say is 1 in 5 Americans can't find the USA on a damn map.

No comments: