Monday, December 10, 2007

Crunch Time

Well, we are getting down to it. Less than a month till the Iowa Caucus.

I have been trying to decide how to paint the situation the republican party is facing. You all know that I am a Fred supporter.

Friday on my way home from work I heard Sean Hannity do a comparison of the candidates. Now Sean will not endorse any of them, but I get the opinion he is for Rudy. This has caused me to lose a little respect for Sean. I still like the guy though. Anyway, he was responding to a caller about the "problems" that all the candidates have. I can't remember the exact wording but he named off the top candidates along with issues that may cause them problems in the primaries. As he discussed the candidates, he was listing real issues that would cause a conservative concern. Then he came to Fred. I will give you one guess what he said: "fire in the belly".

So I thought I would take a little time looking at each candidate this way:

Rudy Giuliani- GUNS, abortion, gay marriage, illegal aliens, corruption, I don't think he would be any tougher on terror than any of the rest of the top republicans. There are others but you get the point.

Mitt Romney- Illegal aliens, trust (he flip flops to meet his immediate needs), given the trust thing I will stop.

Right or wrong, I have a big problem trusting the words of someone who can get elected in such liberal places as Mass. and N.Y. City. While running for office each of them said very liberal things. I have heard people say they had to talk that way to get elected in such places. The only problem I have is how can I be sure they are not doing the same thing to get elected now?

Anyway, back to the list:

John McCain- IMMIGRATION, he is too quick to line up with the likes of Teddy Kennedy.

Mike Huckabee- Taxes, illegal aliens, foreign relations...

Fred Thompson- Not much. I'll give you some of the things that have been used by others OK: Fire in the belly (he is doing as much or more then the others), guessed star on Rosanne as a sexist (must be a damn good actor as he had to make a pass at Rosanne).

See how this sounds, after all the scrutiny these candidates have went through, Fred is lazy is all they got.

Win, Fred, Win

No comments: