Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Iran Tests New Missile That Can Reach Israel

You have to wonder how long Israel can let this kind of stuff go:

Iran said it successfully test-fired a new generation of long range surface-to-surface missile on Wednesday — one that could easily strike as far away as southeastern Europe with greater precision than earlier models.

The Sajjil is a solid fuel high-speed missile with a range of about 1,200 miles, Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammed Najjar said on state television. At that range, it could easily strike Iran's arch-foe Israel and go as far as southeastern Europe.

President Bush has repeatedly encouraged Israel to let the sanctions work. These sanctions have not made a dent in Iran's rush toward the destruction of Israel. I know, Obama has stated that Iran must not be allowed to develop nuclear missiles. Do you believe he will take the actions that will be required to stop them? If Bush won't do anything to stop it, why would you think Obama would?

I expect Israel is thinking the same thing. At least I hope so. I expect there will be an attack by Israel before the end of the year. I hate to see this happen, but I do not believe Israel will have any other option than to stop them with force. I only hope the President will back Israel when they do have to stop Iran.

No comments: