Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More Sanctions For Iran

If the Bush administration get it's way:

The Bush administration moved Wednesday to cement international support for new U.N. sanctions on Iran over its nuclear programs and rebuked Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for declaring the issue "closed."

A day after a defiant Ahmadinejad told the United Nations General Assembly that his country would defy further U.N. Security Council efforts to impose additional penalties, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and her top aides sought to marshal consensus on the move.

"I am sorry to tell President Ahmadinejad that the case is not closed," said Nicholas Burns, the State Department's No. 3 diplomat. He was to meet with senior diplomats from the five permanent Security Council members and Germany to craft elements of a new sanctions resolution.

How many more times are we going to here this? How many resolutions have to be given before something more is needed? I guess it depends on who you ask.

I have this bad habit of believing "evil" people when they say they are going to do something. Ahmadinejad has repeatedly told us they are not going to give in. It seems every week we get another story about Iran supplying weapons, training, or other aid to insurgents in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc..

Iran wants to see Americans dead. I do not. It is my opinion, if we leave these people alone they are going to come after us, causing more loss of American lives. They already have more than enough people in this country to do a lot of damage.

If you read my blog from time to time, you have seen a lot of writing about war and defending America. If it were up to me I would like to see no war at all. The only problem is it is not up to me.

I was taught at an early age not to start a fight. I was also taught to finish a fight. I think that is the point we are at in this country. We did not start this fight. But we had better start acting like we are prepared to finish it. Because I truly believe they are ready for it. They are prepared to do what it takes to finish. At this time I do not feel like this country is ready.

No comments: