Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Still Here

I know I have not been posting the last few weeks. The truth is, I have been adjusting to a big change in my life. I would rather not go into specifics. Let's just say the world is going to be gaining a bachelor soon. That on top of being busy at work has made my life a little hectic. Things are settling down now, and I just can't stay away any longer. Even though this is the most screwed up election process I have witnessed.

So, what have I missed? Oh yes, the most liberal person in the Senate picks the third most liberal to be his running mate. I think he is underestimating this whole (we are supposed to win this time) thing. I know, I know with the hatred of Bush it's a sure thing right? I just don't see it that way. I am not saying he won't win mind you. I am just saying it will be harder than he thinks. But then again, McCain does have an uncanny ability to piss off his base. The truth is it is hard to tell at this point what the hell is going to happen.

We are right in the middle of the big circus they call the Democratic Convention. And what would it be without a little "free and open debate" democrat style?:


Michelle Malkin is live blogging, in case your interested. I think I would rather watch paint dry, but I must admit I have it on the TV myself. It's like a car crash, you don't want to look, but you can't look away.

What else? What happens when you let countries such as Iran thumb their noses at you?:

Syria's President Bashar Assad has publicly stepped up his outreach to old ally Russia in recent days, seeking aid to build up Syrian military forces and offering Moscow help in return — in an apparent effort to exploit a new Russian-American rift.

U.S. officials have noticed: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice warned Mideast leaders this week that they should worry about Syria's efforts to gain more sophisticated weapons.

I disagree with this statement in this article:

"The Russian move into Georgia has begun a tectonic shift in the (Mideast) region," said Joshua Landis, a Syria expert in the United States. "It has emboldened Syria, Hezbollah and Iran to push harder against Israel and the U.S."


I submit that the weakness the US has shown against Iran has emboldened the others, including Russia.

It is no big secret that Russia has worked against US interests for a long time now. But it has always been covertly. I believe they have determined it to be the time to put it out in the open. They feel that the US has lost the ability to unite against rouge nations. I fear they are correct in their assessment.

What can be done now is beyond me, but our leaders in Washington had better get their heads out of their asses before we are stuck right in the middle of another cold war.

No comments: